LL Tip: How to Tackle Oily Skin


When first moved home I thought it was the extensive amount of humidity in the country that caused my skin (mostly my face) to produce so much oil. I later found out that even during the rainy season I had the same problem. Come to find out I’m just oily. Us oily girls have to pay extra attention to our skin. Although oily skin tends to age better and develop fewer wrinkles than dry or normal skin, it doesn’t mean we want to go around looking like a grease ball. The first ingredients to the recipe of flawless skin, no matter the problem is properly cleansing and toning your skin each morning and night. Others include using powder based make-up verses oil based, and not using a moisturizer. This is un-called for.

Below are some products I use to prevent the amount of oil my skin produces. I will also shed some light on some cool natural ways to handle the problem.
I have been using this product since high school and it is one I intend on using for as long as it stays on the market. These sheets of greatness are used by patting the oily areas of the face. When finished you face will look perfectly matte, and you can literally see the amount of oil that has been removed from the skin right there on the sheet. Kind of gross, but atleast it leaves you feeling pretty. Visit Ritter Pharmacy on Broad Street and get yourself a pack today.


Egg-white masks are said to firm the skin and soak up oil. Mix one teaspoon of honey with an egg white and stir well. Then add just enough flour to make a paste. Apply the mask to your face, avoiding the eye area. (Be careful not to ingest any of the egg mixture.) Let it dry for about ten minutes, then wash it off with warm water.

 


I LOVE this product! Before applying your makeup dab Mary Kay Oil Mattifier on the oiliest parts of your skin. This will leave your face oil free for up to 8 hours a day even if you are using an oil based foundation. Grab yourself a bottle at Me Skin Care on 10th St. in Sinkor.



Mango face masks help to dry and tone the skin. To make the mask, mash a mango until it turns into soft pulp, massage it into your skin, leave it on to dry for a few minutes, then rinse off. It is said to help unclog the pores.

0 comments:

Post a Comment