Zutin: Andrea Iyamah

 



 With Dry Season soon approaching it is time for us "fyne geh dem" to starting thinking about swimsuits. This post features the swim line of Andrea Iyamah. Though she is not a Liberian I decided to showcase her designs due to their African inspired flare. Nigerian native and creator Dumebi Iyamah started this fashion journey in March of 2011in order to share her "creativity in the production of clothing that exhibits her African, Nigerian culture and embraces royalty in her custom couture label."

I for one not only love this swimwear just for the look, but also because of the vintage feel of the high-waist bottoms. This is something I appreciate, for it conveys a sexy look that still covers the tummy (stomach area). I have lost a few pounds in the past couple of months, but I am in no way ready to show off all the goods just yet ; ) For more info about Andrea Iyamah click here.

Although I am not aware of any Liberian swimwear designers please note that Afropolitan on Benson St. does carry swimsuits with African detailing. Also, it is rumored that Its Archel will be adding swimwear to their collection. Will let you know more as soon as I get the scoop!








0 comments:

Post a Comment