What to Wear: Leather in Liberia

What to Wear: Leather in Liberia




A major Fall/Autumn trend in the West right now is leather. Some of the most popular leather pieces worldwide are leather jackets, leather boots, and leather pants. Although these are both chic and timeless items, unfortunately Liberia’s warm climate does not allow for us to wear them. I know you are probably thinking I don’t care if I get hot I want to look sharp, but the truth is even if you have on the most fabulous leather jacket in Africa, you will just look silly. Leather pieces (mainly black) automatically look “cool” as in they should only be worn when it’s cold.
This does not mean that we cannot wear leather at all in Liberia, it just means that you have to be smart when it comes to choosing and wearing leather. I have chosen some leather looks here that are perfect for us Liberian girls. Notice how I chose items that are in bright colors. These items look “warm” and therefore can be worn in the warm weather. I suggest that the black leather skirt I picked be worn ONLY AT NIGHT. Everything else can be worn any time of day. Also, consider that there at different types of leather, suede, patent leather and vegan leather just to name a few. This way you can diversify your looks.

Everything that I featured here are products from the West, but we all know that we can find wonderful leather items in Waterside and in DK. Its Archel also makes beautiful made in Liberia leather products.
P.S. The item list carries some very expensive items. In no way am I suggesting that you get pieces as expensive as these, they are just examples, and honestly only a small population of people in the WORLD can afford them. I am not one of them…LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment