Liberian Naturalista: Julia Toles


1. Tell us your name and where you are from

 Julia Toles, [from Liberia] lives in Indiana, occasionally Chicago as well.

2. What is your profession, and is your hair considered a positive or negative in your field?

Currently a struggling free lance producer. My hair is just an added bonus for my profession because it signifies creativity and freedom.



3. How long have you been natural?

I have been natural for almost two years.

4. How do you style your hair?

I usually wash,condition and twist at night (chicken pupu style) when not in braids and take out in the morning.



5. What is your hair regimen?

Products really matter and until I started to use the right one I had to twist every night. It really just depends on your hair texture to find the right products.When I take my hair out, I wear it as is.

6. How would you describe your personal style?

I am the definition of boho/hobo/ chic! I love to incorporate loose fitting, statement jewelry to my everyday wear.

7. What advice do you have for others that are considering going natural?

Being natural is definitely a lot of work! Don't give up though find the right methods that work for you! I promise you won't regret it..and there is so much you can do with natural hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment