Walk About: The Dumboy Festival


This trip took place last month just before the holidays officially began. Myself and a group of friends took a road trip to Grand Bass County for the Dumboy Festival. We spent one night in Buchanan City where we ventured to the only club in town known as Black and White Night Club. After waking up to splitting headache and nausea from the festivities from the night before all I wanted was a big bowl of dumboy and soup.

For those of you that do not know, dumboy if pounded cassava (very similar to Fufu). It is usually eaten or should I say swallowed? With soup and other fixings such as bene seed, okra, whole pepper, and a splash of lime. After eating our guts full, my friends and I had a splendid time on Edina Beach where we got to by boat. I LOVE LIB! 





 Our chimp at the guest house. I named him Chimpy. Free Chimpy!!!!!!!!!!!






The Dumboy


 The Fixings








0 comments:

Post a Comment